RE: Standardized Reporting

From: Russell Fulton (r.fultonat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 15:37:20 PDT

    On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 08:35, Brooke, O'neil (EXP) wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > 	Since last night's post, I've received several responses both on and
    > off list. Every single one of them was positive and/or supportive of the
    > concept.

    Well here's one that isn't ;-)

    I like the list the way it is. If you try an formalise it I will stop
    reporting stuff here.  I am already quite busy enough looking after an
    open network with 10,000 hosts in an educational institution.  I spend a
    lot of time monitoring since this is our best defense, given the open
    nature of our network and so I see a lot of interesting stuff float by.
    In New Zealand universities have a statutory obligation to serve the
    community and I see passing observations to this list as one way I can
    do it.

    If you want posters to follow particular formats and meet particular
    standards then you might find the posts dry up.

    Beware of killing the goose!

    "It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin