Re: BIND scan from Wanadoo.fr

From: WebMasterat_private
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 08:42:09 PDT

    I think the better question is, "has anyone ever seen the scans STOP".

    wanadoo.fr is notorious for allowing this kind of garbage...

    Thanks,
    Michael Sorbera
    Webmaster
    Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

    "Never approach a problem with preconceived notions...having a theory is
    something different, but having a preconceived notion means that you're not
    necessarily going to look for data...you're going to look for data that
    supports your assumption."

                        Gary Baribault
                        <gary@baribaul       To:     incidentsat_private
                        t.net>               cc:
                                             Subject:     BIND scan from Wanadoo.fr
                        08/15/2002
                        07:23 PM

    I am used to seeing those idiots scanning for FTP and I have them all
    blocked in and out with out logged .. Recently I say a big jump in OUTPUT
    REJECTs and when I investigated I found 62.155/11 scanning for BIND .. I
    also recently noticed them scanning for HTTP. Anyone seen this as well?

    Gary Baribault
    garyat_private