Unicode worm?

From: Turner, Keith (Contractor) (TurnerL@tea-emh1.army.mil)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 09:41:31 PDT

      I've noticed some activity on a couple of web servers which I'm trying to
    find an explanation for.  It's been happening for about 2 months.  Here's a
    log snippet :

    [08-21-2002 - 00:56:11] Client at x.x.x.x: URL normalization was not
    complete after one pass. Request will be rejected.  Site Instance='1', Raw
    URL='/scripts/..%255c%255c../winnt/system32/cmd.exe'

     It doesn't appear to be Nimda, as it is a single request.  The web server
    IPs are within 1 ip of each other.  When one server sees the hit, the other
    server sees it within 2 seconds.  Everything I've seen says that Nimda picks
    random IPs (based on network), while this seems to be more of a scan.
    Anyone have any ideas what this may be?

    Keith