Re: Code Red / Nimda Antidote?

From: Roger Thompson (rogertat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 12:30:04 PDT

    At 09:28 AM 9/9/2002 +0800, Clinton Smith wrote:
    >In the last three days - I have seen a Dramatic decrease in the number
    >of code red and nimda events:
    >
    >ie from 20-30 per day down to <3
    >
    >Has there been an anti-worm etc released?

    I don't think so.

    >Is anyone else seeing this trend?

    No. The WormCatcher net shows Nimda and CodeRed.b as being at about the
    expected levels.

    See:

    www.wormwatch.org

    and

    www.wormwatch.org/images/WCMthly.html

    I don't have previous months figures online at the moment, but they look
    similar to this month.

    Roger

    Regards

    Roger Thompson
    Technical Director of Malicious Code Research
    TruSecure Corporation
    www.trusecure.com
    www.wormwatch.org