Re: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)

From: Björn Wallentinus (bjorn.wallentinusat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 16:18:14 PDT

    Christian Mock wrote:

    > As a search of google and securityfocus turned up nothing, I'll throw in
    > what I gathered so far and ask if anybody can identify this: (it seems
    > the affected customer's systems weren't vulnerable, so I don't know what
    > the worm's further actions are).

    Hi,
    I saw this thing a few days ago (ca 21 UTC 2002-09-20) but that was the
    only time I've ever seen it so I belived it was just some home made
    script.

    I can confirm the slow scanning it does. It hit two of our customers
    seven times during approximately two hours. These two customers are on
    the same C net so I guess the attacks were part of the same scan.

    The attacker was based in Korea and tried to retrieve the lsass.exe file
    from NJ, USA.

    Regards
    Björn Wallentinus
    ProAct Defcom Onguard 24