Re: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)

From: Mike Lewinski (mikeat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 23:31:01 PDT

    I played some more with the copy I got. It makes an IRC connection to
    lar.ath.cx and then joins #lerler using the key 'essenscheisse'. There are
    almost 2000 zombies in that room fwiw.

    I see no indications that it is a worm however. After connecting on IRC,
    it just sits there apparently waiting for someone to show up and give it
    commands.

    A registry entry is created to run itself at startup, but no other
    modifications to my test system were readily apparent (not saying there
    weren't any, but a casual check of filemon and regmon didn't reveal
    anything obviously bad).

    Mike