Slapper worm DoS

From: james (jameshat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 08:39:42 PDT

    I have a client, who is an ISP, that is having real trouble with large
    amounts of traffic, at times causing a DoS, on the "control channel"
    ports 2002 and 4156. He has a Linux box that was infected and now is clean.
    However the internet seems to know about his address
    and still sends him lots of traffic. I am dropping the known worm ports for
    him on our edge routers. I was thinking of asking him to change the IP of
    the box, does anyone know if the worm knows the addresses of infected hosts
    by IP or name ?

    James Edwards
    jameshat_private
    At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
    Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
    Phone support 365 days till 10 pm via the Santa Fe office:
    505-988-9200 or Toll Free: 888-988-2700