Re: slapper worm varient "cinik"

From: Anton A. Chuvakin (antonat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 11:38:30 PDT

    James and all,

    >Apparently the intruder got rather upset I spoiled his fun and about 15
    >minutes after I shut him out, I was a victim of a udp-based DOS attack.
    Actually, it wasn't an intruder; the UDP flood you are experiencing is a
    consequence of a worm network design. Most likely the worm managed to join
    the network before you shut it down and now its peers are trying to access
    your machine.

    For more info got to http://isc.incidents.org/analysis.html?id=169 and
    http://isc.incidents.org/analysis.html?id=167

    Best,