RE: AIM-based worm?

From: webbiat_private
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 04:16:29 PDT

    Hmm.. when I go to that link, my antivirus triggers on VBS/Aplore-A and it
    won't let me view source as a result. The 'virus' (actually a worm) is found
    in the webpage itself. The attachment, when downloaded, detects as
    W95/Aplore-A, so I think it's pretty safe to say that this is the Aplore
    worm. Reading up on this worm, the VBS 'variant' is actually part of the
    replication code for the worm. This worm's writeup says it uses an IRC
    connection; perhaps this is a new variant that uses AIM?