RE: AIM-based worm?

From: Ralph Emery (remeryat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 06:36:11 PDT

    ok here is what I got for this...

    http://www.bitdefender.com/virusi/virusi_descrieri.php?virus_id=68

    Win32.Aplore.A@mm

    Name: Win32.Aplore.A@mm
    Aliases: W32.Aphex.A@mm
    Type: Executable, Internet Worm
    Size: 319488 bytes
    Discovered: April 9, 2002
    Detected: April 9, 2002; 11:00 (GMT+2)
    Spreading: High
    Damage: Low
    ITW: Yes
    Symptoms:

    - File explorer.exe and psecure20x-cgi-install.version6.01.bin.hx.com in the system directory (usually C:\Windows\System or C:\Winnt\System32)
    - Files aphex.jpg and index.htm in the system directory

    Technical description:

    This virus is an Internet worm written in Delphi and packed with UPX. The original file size is about 690 Kbytes.
    The virus comes as an attached file in an e-mail with this form: