RE: E-Card Remote Code Execution Scam

From: H.Karrenbeldat_private
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 06:31:52 PDT

    The *.cab file contains a file 'potd.dll', googling for it gives this
    link http://and.doxdesk.com/parasite/Cytron.html.

    Overthere it's considered a 'parasite'

    According to the link, it appears to be some module that will install
    into your IE and pop-up ads based on web pages being visited by the
    'infected party'.

    The E-Card people are, of course, lying that it will -need- this module
    installed for the E-card to work.

    $) Henri