Re: WinXP integrated packet filtering

From: Maxime Ducharme (maxime@pandore-design.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 14:18:29 PDT

    Hi again,
        thanks all for quick answer !

    Mister "admin" here is true, i'm currently using PPPoE link.

    I was wondering why XP was letting a port trought even
    when i said 'no you don't.

    netstat -ano & fport didnt find anything on this port on the
    XP system, if anyone have any idea of what is on this
    port plz lemme know.

    Maybe something is listening directly on the PPPoE modem,
    i think the product's name is "SpeedVista" (I say i think since
    i'm not on this computer right now).

    I'll try to find something tonight, i'll let you know if I find
    anything.

    Thanks again to all !

      Maxime Ducharme
      Administrateur reseau, Programmeur