SV: Unusual volume: UDP:137 probes

From: Peter Kruse (kruseat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 23:35:20 PDT

    Hi,

    I have also registered aggressive probes on port 137 as well. The
    increased trafic might be due to the fact that there is a new Internet
    worm called W32.Opaserv.Worm (Symantec) in the wild. The worm is
    searching for network shares. Symantec has raised the risk level to 3
    (Medium). For analysis of the worm see:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.opaserv.worm.html

    Med venlig hilsen // Kind regards

    Peter Kruse