Re: Strange Folder

From: discipulus (rootman22at_private)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 04:44:49 PDT

    Thanks Mike,

    I don't think this would work on my computer because I had previously
    disabled all the admin shares.  I also tweaked the registry so that
    shares would not become enabled after reboot.

    Also, I had MS File and Printer Sharing turned off, so my computer
    wasn't visible in "Network Neighborhood" or "My Network Places".

    Thanks for the link, I read through it.

    Near the bottom, it says:

    "To disable anonymous connections altogether, block access to tcp139/445
    (IPSec port filters or Internet Connection Firewall), or uncheck "File
    and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks" from the network interface in
    question (via the properties tab of the network connection)."

    I'm unsure as to whether or not ports 139/445 are blocked but I'll find
    out today.  If they are enabled, I'll block them.

    Thanks

    --
    "The Computer made me do it."