Re: Linux Kernel Exploits / ABFrag

From: Ali Saifullah Khan (whipazat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 11:43:46 PDT

    I smell Burneye !! ..... what do you guys think ?

    Ali Saifullah Khan,

    Asst. Project Administrator,
    System / Forensic Analyst,
    GemSEC Information Security Division,
    Gem Internet Services, (Pvt.) Ltd.

    Project Administrator,
    ConnPROBE Intrusion Detection System,
    Sourceforge OpenSource Developer Networks.

    --- dr john halewood <johnat_private> wrote:
    >On Thursday 17 October 2002 2:00 am, daniel.robertsat_private wrote:
    >> Greetings.
    >>
    >> ABfrag - Linux Kernel ( <= 2.4.20pre20 ) Remote Syncing exploit
    >>

    > I think this is a bit of a giveaway: mentioning a kernel that doesn't exist
    >suggests this program is not what it claims to be (Marcelo released
    >2.4.20-pre11 two days ago).
    >
    >cheers
    >john

    [ATTITUDEX.COM]