Re: HTTP attack looking for /sumthin ?

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 16:06:56 PDT

    On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Patrick Oonk wrote:

    > Add the lines
    >
    > 	ServerTokens prod
    > 	ServerSignature no
    >
    > to your Apache config (httpd.conf) to prevent the server from disclosing
    > this information.

    ServerTokens ProductOnly
    # Optionally add a line containing the server version and virtual host
    # name to server-generated pages (error documents, FTP directory listings,
    # mod_status and mod_info output etc., but not CGI generated documents).
    # Set to "EMail" to also include a mailto: link to the ServerAdmin.
    # Set to one of:  On | Off | EMail
    ServerSignature Off

    According to the build in instructions, online manual and FAQ.
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ-E.html#serverheader
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html

    But do not expect to gain much security.

    Hugo.

        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
    	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.