RE: DOS ATTACK

From: Jonathan A. Zdziarski (jonathanat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 19:10:59 PST

    If he's got it up on his website in a ton of 1-pixel frames, chances are
    all his [the attacker] web visitors are loading several copies of the
    victim's page.  The only real way to filter that would be by filtering
    based on HTTP_REFERRER.  Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe Apache yet
    has a mechanism to enforce mandatory delays between the same page being
    loaded from the same IP.