Re: Ip spoof from 0.0.0.0

From: Paul Gillingwater (paulat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 11:08:45 PST

    Quoting Frank Cheong <chocobofrankat_private>:
    > o yes, I also get these kind of attack these few days while some of them
    > leaving a MAC Address 00.30.B6.D0.3C.EC so what can I do to stop these
    > attack now ? As all I got is only a MAC address.

    There\'s not much you can do.  The MAC address is most likely coming from
    your router, not the remote attacker.  The best you could do is ask your
    upstream ISP to filter outgoing traffic to drop IP packets with invalid
    source addresses like 0.0.0.0.

    *********************************
     Paul Gillingwater, BA, BSc, MBA
            Managing Director