scans on port 57

From: Ingersoll, Jared (jaredat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 05:00:39 PST

    I'm seeing a lot of blocked scans on port 57 in my firewall logs, many times
    in conjunction with a port 80 or port 21 scan. I was working under the
    assumption that these were related to a misconfigured port scanner, but I'm
    seeing them from a pretty diverse set of source addresses, so now I'm
    curious what they're looking for.

    jared