RE: Fraudulent use of ebay's name

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 12:34:39 PST

    I've gotten something similar to this, from paypal, about a month ago.
    The text was different, but the underlying statements (corruption of
    account info, log on here to fix it...) were the same.  It had graphics
    from paypal's site, but the links that were of any real consequence went
    to a paypal-esque domain that was not theirs (and was actually offline
    by the time I read the email that morning).