Re: Proxy server hit... Any ideas?

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 20:12:13 PST

    On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:52:42 GMT, Emeric Miszti said:

    > 1) Ensure that you have an effective perimeter firewall that blocks all
    > incoming traffic to the new box

    Excuse me while I fall over laughing.  I have some 30K hosts on my network,
    and there's no really scalable way to say "OK, this box is about to be
    upgraded, disable its HTTP access to anything other than windowsupdate"
    and then 3 hours later "OK, let it talk to the rest of the web again".

    The rest of Emeric's points are quite good - but sometimes it's not as
    easy as it looks... ;)
    --
    				Valdis Kletnieks
    				Computer Systems Senior Engineer