Re: Rooted, .haos on system

From: Damian Gerow (damianat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 13:36:46 PST

    On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 15:31, Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago wrote:
    > No, for me this looks like:
    > 	epc -> ptrace local exploit
    > 	su -> su local exploit
    >
    > They're old shit, and i guess your system wasn't updated.

    (In case you missed the original post, this was a customer system, not
    one of mine.  We are currently giving the customer heck for not keeping
    up-to-date.)

    I also didn't look too closely at the contents of loc.tgz, as I wasn't
    too concerned as what they were.  However, I have since been informed of
    the above (numerous times), and how to contact the people who wrote it,
    and the people who cracked the system.

    Thanks to all who helped out.  I've gotten about as much information on
    this as I could possibly need.