RE: Random unprivileged TCP ports below 5000 kind-of open for a fraction of a second

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 11:35:16 PST

    Charles,

    Not only did he say that he ran lsof on the system (no
    MS os's come w/ lsof, nor is there a version of lsof
    available, unless you rename fport.exe to 'lsof').
    Also, given the switches used w/ the netstat command,
    those aren't all available on MS systems.

    Finally, later on in the (admittedly long winded)
    post, the OP said that he'd installed Debian..."Now I
    have an up-to-date Debian 3.0 Woody stable release..."

    Hope this helps answer your question...

    http://lists.insecure.org/lists/incidents/2001/Mar/0256.html