Re: Curious "spam" (or broken viral payload)...

From: Mark (markat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 17:39:06 PST

    My guess:

    A Spam "Distributor" has a deal where they will broadcast spam using dynamic
    content from a "paying customer".  This "customer" is supposed to place the
    desired SPAM message on a web page where the mass spam distributor has a
    script that pulls off this desired content to be mailed nightly.  The
    customer forgot to place the desired content online, which caused the mass
    spammer's script to accidentally obtain an Apache error page as the content,
    which was then spread.

    Just a guess.

    -Mark