Re: mIRC Zombie, port 445

From: Sami Rautiainen (Sami.Rautiainen@F-Secure.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 07:15:39 PST

    Hello,

    Tino Didriksen <sfoat_private> wrote at 19 Jan 2003 02:03:38 -0000:

    >I have observed a zombie/trojan on a zombie IRC network that apparently
    >infects vulnerable computers through port 445.

    The backdoor uses Sysinternals' psexec tool to run itself in the destination
    host. The connection is attempted several times, with a predefined list of
    username and password combinations.

    Further information is available in our description at:
    	http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/novabot.shtml

    F-Secure Anti-Virus detects the backdoor with the current updates.

    Regards,
    	Sami

    --
    Sami Rautiainen                         F-Secure Corporation
    Senior Virus Researcher                 Anti-Virus Research Team

                 Securing the Mobile, Distributed Enterprise