MS SQL server worm logs question

From: Ian O'Brien (iobat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 01:08:57 PST

    So, after cleaning up the mess does anyone know if there are any logs of any
    kind typically left behind on the actual machines themselves. I'm trying to see
    if I can piece together the actual path taken for the original infection.

    I had a very quick look at a patched / rebooted machine this evening but didn't
    se anything obvious in the event viewer. Are there logfiles kept in any standard
    places for MSDE and MS SQL Server?

    ian
    --

    Ian O'Brien    - Xilinx Network Security Engineer
         -=-        = Pager 408-696-2182 -=- Phone 408-879-5206