RE: Increased Kuang2 activity

From: Logan F.D. Greenlee (lgreenleeat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 10:37:29 PST

    According to the information out there port 17300 is the control port
    for the Trojan. Also, the only way that this Trojan can be installed is
    via user interaction with an executable containing the virus. The virus
    is also very old, 1999. I would suspect that this is "just" an attempt
    by someone to check and see if there are any hosts out there that are
    still infected.

    -Logan