mIRC Trojan Variant - port 445 worm/Trojan

From: kyleat_private
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 14:49:50 PST

    Symantec added a variant of mIRC Trojan to its virus definition on
    2/13/2003, and the worm/Trojan was based the older mIRC Trojan (ocxdll.exe/
    taskmngr.exe). The original analysis is at
    http://www.klcconsulting.net/mirc_virus_analysis.htm

    I saw a more than usual port 445 activities on incidents.org around 2/8-2/9,
    and again on the last few days, so I cross-checked Symantec site, and found
    the mIRC worm/Trojan variant, Backdoor.IRC.Zcrew.  This variant used port
    445 like the older ocxdll.exe Trojan.  As I did some more research, I
    noticed that TrendMicro analyzed this variant back in 12/3/2002, so I guess
    it was not new, but just re-spreading.

    I am curious how many people have seen this activities?
    If you have a copy of this virus, can you contact me?  I am interested in
    analyzing this worm/Trojan file(s).

    Symantec -
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.irc.zcrew.h
    tml