Re: Distributed spam-based DoS in progress

From: Kee Hinckley (nazgulat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 15:05:57 PST

    At 8:25 PM -0500 2/17/03, Transistor Sister wrote:
    >bounced back to the originating host. The nature of the messages are so
    >varied that they may have been taken from a spam archive somewhere.

    One theory I've heard on this is that the script kiddies are using
    spam for DoS attacks under the (probably correct) assumption that if
    you report it to the relevant authorities they will dismiss it as
    "just being spam."  This was from someone who had in fact tried to
    report such a DoS attack and received just that response.
    --
    Kee Hinckley
    http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

    everyone else's.