Re: TCP 445 Scan?

From: Bill McCarty (bmccartyat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 07:41:34 PST

    --On Thursday, February 27, 2003 6:25 PM +0000 Charles Hamby
    <fixerat_private> wrote:

    > Has anyone else recently been pegged with a large number of distributed
    > TCP 445 scans over a short amount of time (within a few minutes)?

    No, but I've seen a slow TCP 445 scan that took several hours to transit
    half of a class C network. However, the scan originated from a single IP.
    The source and destination port of all packets was 13000. Snort flagged the
    packets as related to the Shaft DDOS tool. But, I suspect the current tool
    merely shares code with Shaft.

    Bill McCarty

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>