RE: sending out spam through IRC server ?

From: Bill Lavalette (billlat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 16:01:23 PST

    Bronek -

    Do you have the supposed Spam plus the headers? alot of these Spam clowns
    are using peoples email addresses in the from line and then that person gets
    nailed with all the complaints a quick look at the headers reveals the
    originating MTA and client that sent it.....  It's happened to me and some
    clients so this is becoming a popular way to Spam people...

    Hope this helps....

    As far as IRC goes as far as I know unless you have some real wild
    configuration I would say its not possible to send via IRC there are some
    IRC services that allow the sending of email but I don't believe they are
    widely used for this very reason...

    Best regards,

    Bill

    Chief Security Officer