against illegal arp update

From: SB CH (chulmin2at_private)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 01:04:36 PST

    Hello, all.

    Today someone(I don't know who) which use same network(/20), has updated
    our arp information into non-existent mac information. so I can't connect
    toward the server.
    the number of the servers which can't connect are so high, so I can't set
    all ips into mac at the router or switch.
    Surely, I use arpwatch. But I can't find any information about it.
    I know that one can fake his ip and update illegal arp information against
    some ip which is a same network.

    Is it a virus or illegal attack?
    How can I solve this incident?

    Thanks in advance.

    http://www.msn.co.kr/love/

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>