Re: Port 109 Mystery

From: Douglas Brown (dugbrownat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 07:54:00 PST

    Thanks to all who wrote to me off list - I've provided the administrator
    with another laundry list to follow.  The consensus seems to be that
    this is a "Windows Kernel root kit", booting the server in safe mode
    should help tracking it down.  As I get more details from the folks on
    the ground I'll provide them back to the list.

    Thanks again to everyone,
    -Doug
    --
    Douglas Brown, CISSP
    Manager of Security Resources

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>