RE: CodeRed Observations.

From: larosa, vjay (larosa_vjayat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 08:59:22 PST

    Hi Rob,

    I'm not saying that the worm is stateless. I am saying that the
    traffic I am seeing at my border firewalls (codered strings)
    are not part of established sessions (stateless). I was just trying
    to figure out if this had something to do with the new outbreak, or if
    somebody is trying to trick me in to ignoring packets they don't
    want me to see, so they are throwing a stateless attack at me to
    hopefully hide the real attack under the guise of CodeRed. Call me crazy
    but paranoia is my middle name.

    vjl