New article announcement: Open Source Honeypots, Part Two: Deploying Honeyd in the Wild

From: Dan Hanson (dhansonat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 14:29:10 PST

    There is a new focus area article entitled:

    Open Source Honeypots, Part Two: Deploying Honeyd in the Wild
    By Lance Spitzner

    This is the second part of a three-part series looking at Honeyd, the open
    source honeypot. In this paper we we will deploy Honeyd on the Internet
    for one week and watch what happens. The intent is to test Honeyd by
    letting real bad guys interact with and attack it. We will then analyze
    how the honeypot performed and what it discovered.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1675

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>