Animal Rights Hacktivist Group?

From: cisoat_private
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 20:20:14 PST

    This is my second attempt at posting this.  For some reason the last post had a weird URL in it.  The activity has increased today we had a system defaced that was at latest patch level AFAIK.  The defacement message simply said;  "HALL was here"

    Has anyone seen any activity from an animal rights "Hacktivist" group over the last few weeks? I am the Security Officer for an organization that runs a number of animal related web sites and we have seen multiple attempts and even threats placed into our IIS logfiles in the form of invalid requests.

    "www.mycompanysitesubdomain.com/hall*will*0wn*j00"
    "www.mycompanysitesubdomain.com/free*the*little*animals"

    Is one such examples. They haven't cracked us yet but we have recieved multiple threats from a group known as "hall" which according to the anonymized email our CEO recieved stands for "Hacking for AnimaLs Lives"

    Has anyone else seen or heard anything from this group?

    Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program:

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>