"webmoney" trojan and COM interface analysis

From: Pierre Vandevenne (pierreat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:56:03 PST

    Hello incidents,

      We have analyzed a trojan that was spammed on us early this week.
    Not really a big news in itself as similar beasts are seen on a
    regular basis but since COM based hostile code is notoriously hard to
    analyze statically, we have published some details that could help
    other analysts facing similar trojans

      www.datarescue.com/idabase/greetings is the place. We have put a
    basic text description of the trojan and documented our in-depth
    analysis with a couple of IDA databases and their equivalent listings
    in pure text mode.

    --
    Best regards,
    Pierre                          mailto:pierreat_private

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>