RE: Dead Thread: California State Bill SB1386

From: Steve Zenone (zenoneat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 17:06:07 PST

    Hello,

    I would like to thank all of you who have replied on the subject
    regarding what is considered "encryption" per California's SB1386;
    both publicly on this list and privately.

    Ultimately, it does appear that we're going to have to "wait and
    see" until the time that the definition for encryption will need
    to be spelled out -- probably in a court case as many have suggested.

    At this time, I agree that this particular thread has hit its end of
    life. Again, many thanks to all!

    Regards,
    Steve

    Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfihl1