RE: POP3 logon attempts

From: Jerry Shenk (jshenkat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 14:14:19 PST

    There are a number of utilities to do that.  When I do penetration testing,
    I normally use a .c file that somebody named pop3hack from my linux box.  I
    don't even know what the original source was anymore...but, to answer your
    question....yes they're available.

    The more important question is who was trying?  That doesn't sounds like a
    'random' scan to me.