Re: POP3 logon attempts

From: Torsten Mueller (torstenat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 14:16:52 PST

    Tom Fischer schrieb:

    > Hi,
    > some of our POP3 servers got DoSed cause of massive password probes
    > against following accounts:

    > Does someone know a tool which will brute force these accounts?

    No, but i think we will see growing attempts because of the recently
    discovered and closed bug in qpopper.

    Torsten

    Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents