Re: POP3 logon attempts

From: Mike (myname17at_private)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 19:40:07 PST

    I got hit with a similar (maybe the same, I'm not at work) list about a month
    ago.  Based on the IP, they came from China.

    Mike

    On Monday 31 March 2003 07:11 am, Tom Fischer wrote:
    > Hi,
    > some of our POP3 servers got DoSed cause of massive password probes
    > against following accounts:
    >
    > admin
    > backup
    > data
    > master
    > oracle
    > root
    > server
    > sybase
    > test
    > user
    > web
    > webmaster
    >
    > Does someone know a tool which will brute force these accounts?

    Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents