Re: Increase in Source to Port 445

From: aladin168 (aladin168at_private)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:45:07 PST

    Although there are many Deloder worms causing port 445 traffic, the new
    worm, W32.HLLW.Cult.C@mm, may be the real cause of this.  Symantec has an
    analysis from 4/2/2003:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.cult.c@mm.
    html

    /Kyle
    Kyle Lai, CISSP, CISA
    KLC Consulting, Inc.
    klaiat_private
    www.klcconsulting.net

    >From: Rob Keown <Keownat_private>
    >To: incidentsat_private
    >Subject: Increase in Source to Port 445
    >Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:54:58 -0500

    >We are observing an increase in port 445 traffic from a much wider group
    of
    >sources than what we have seen over the last few weeks.
    >
    >Anyone else observing this?
    >
    >Rob Keown

    Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents