RE: Logon.dll? Possible root-kit?

From: Jason Pagano (JPAGANO@orthonet-online.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 05:40:32 PST

    Logon.dll and dir.dll are just serv-u's motd/dir change files..
    MsCtrl32ocx.ocx is the conf (open it in wordpad)
    Su.exe and explorer.exe are both serv-u (rooted by 2 different people?)..
    All the DWRC* and DNTUS26.exe is dameware (dameware.com)
    The batch files were probably run as services
    I'd be willing to bet the ranch that the hacked box had a null or weak admin
    pass... probably on a fast line aswell seeing it was being used as a pub
    warez box .. look in c:\winnt\system32\spool\drivers\color\
    You'll find your warez there
    Bot.dll is packed with upx, after decompressing it and takin a look there is
    atleast 3 references to 3 different ircd's .. and version reply
    TircClient OpenSource component 2.0 by G.Timmons:
    http://shadeline.hypermart.net/index.html