Re: Anyone seen this UDP source port 7001 traffic?

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 12:30:52 PDT

    On 27 Apr 2003, Michael Lau wrote:

    > [OpenAFS] AFS-Client behind masquerading firewall
    > ... All output from the client cache manager exits via UDP port 7001, and
    > all responses
    > to the cache manager (including callbacks) return via UDP port 7001. ...
    > https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/ 2001-
    > January/000173.html - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

    beats me what it's got to do with Microsoft Messenger.  AFS is a
    distributed file system designed to provide NFS-like file serving with the
    added benefits of extended security -- access control lists that are much
    more granular than the UNIX default permissions, the ability to integrated
    with kerberos, etc.  there's a good generic intro at

    http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/GeneralFAQ

    cheers -- tbird

    --
    It's not the size of the key, it's the implementation of the algorithm...

                                           -- Natasha Smith

    http://www.shmoo.com/~tbird
    Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
    VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com
    Security Alerts http://securecomputing.stanford.edu/alert.html

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents