Re: UDP packets towards port 38293 (NAV)

From: Nexus (nexusat_private-way.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 14:37:36 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Fulton" <r.fultonat_private>

> On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 12:51, Alan B. Clegg wrote:
> > I picked this up this afternoon (timestamps are Eastern US).
>
> Alan and others,
> Please post offsets from UTC rather than vague descriptions like
> "Eastern US" or even EST.  For those of us who do not live in the US
> these descriptions are problematic since even once I look up the
> timezone offset (where ?) I still don't know if day light saving is in
> force so I can easily end up an hour out.

I tend to run into the same when dealing with the US so I got into the habit
of using
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ as it takes DST into account as well.

 > Russell Fulton, Network Security Officer, The University of Auckland,
> New Zealand.

Ahh.. that's probably next to the "Here be dragons" bit, as opposed to this
little trailer park off the east coast ;-)

Cheers,
            JJ

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents