Re: DNS Injection Problem

From: Blade Runner (bladeat_private)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 06:48:50 PDT

    You were the first to mention it,  I am studying the subject.

    One interesting thing to quote, and sorry about the ignorance, is:

    Is possible to restart the DNS server with such attack?
    The local where the .zone and named.inc ( dns conf file ) file are stored is
    protected with these permission "-rw-r--r--", only root can modify or
    add new files ( theorically ).

    I am fear that the attacker is getting root privileges somewhere else
    to do that.

    But maybe in my research about dns poisonig I can get the answer.

    I will isolate the server to run a sniffer and check the queries, if the
    problem is with DNS it will be easier to detect even for a newbie :-) .

    Thanks.

    --
    Blade Runner - Squirrel Mail
    Linux Powered

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents