Healthcare Incidents: SUMMARY

From: Paul Farley (Paul.Farleyat_private)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 15:01:46 PDT

    Here is a summary of the responses I received.

    A trojan that compromised a small hospital's payroll system
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/webguide/internetlife/2003-04-07-hospital-hack_
    x.htm

    Here's an article about exposed databases at Drexel Univ. College of
    Medicine
    http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,57897,00.html

    Disaster at a high-tech hospital and the BCP implications:
    http://www.cio.com/archive/021503/systems.html

    Theft of military health records:
    http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=11756&archive=true

    Example breaches in HealthCare:
    http://www.practisure.com/breaches.html

    I also received several emails bemoaning the fact that the executives where
    they work don't get it either.

    Finally there was a suggestion that the newsgroup comp.risks has some good
    information on this topic.

    Thank you to all who responded.

    Regards,

    Paul J. Farley Jr.
    GCIA, CISSP, RHCE
    EventLevel, Inc.

    PGP/GPG Fingerprint: 7888 47FD D55C 80E6 73BA  B666 EBA2 E2FE 5DE2 B4AB

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents