Re: Folllow-up to the Hotmail/MSN password reset problems

From: Michael Sierchio (kudzuat_private)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 08:44:55 PDT

    Dan Hanson wrote:
    > Hi Gaby,
    >
    > Thanks for the information. While my intention was not to shut down all
    > discussion on the implications of the vulnerability, and the impact it
    > might have on networks, but the context of the follow-up posts were
    > primarily reports of success of failure in the procedure described.
    >
    > Any posts that take a new tack from what has been discussed in this thread
    > are welcome.

    In particular:  Muhammad indicated that he had emailed Microsoft
    about 10 times regarding the vulnerability, but there was no
    response of any kind until it was posted to full-disclosure/bugtraq.

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents