Somewhat OT: DNS poisoning to Korean address

From: Anders Reed Mohn (anders_rmat_private)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 00:17:41 PDT

    A small side-note:

    > Seems the fiber-optic got cut less than 3 weeks before boston.com's new
    DNS server went operational, according to The Boston Globe story here:

    http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/134/business/Backhoe_accident_cuts_Boston_Net_service+.shtml

    > It also got the Mass Turnpike Authority and other customers that also used
    Allegiance for phone service were out of touch as well.

    This goes to show how vulnerable we, and the Net, are. Imagine if that fiber
    was needed for
    some critical service...    a couple of years ago a cable was cut
    (roadwork..) over here (Norway),
    and they took out all comms for a local airport (or was it hospital? Don't
    remember).
    Of course, there was a backup cable, in case the first would go down.
    But the backup cable was lying next to the primary, so they had cut that
    too.

    Way to go!!

    Anders :)