RE: ICMP/SYN Flood

From: Whiteside, Larry [contractor] (BAE14at_private)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 12:36:11 PDT

    Everything you are seeing should be blocked at the router. The fact that they aren't tell me a lot more is not either. Scary! Anyway, go to NSA's website and have them download their router config guide. It is what I use and is GREAT. It will give them all the things needed to lock down their router. It is very simple to follow along and they give you a lot of commands. If they cannot use this then God help you all!

    http://www.nsa.gov/snac/cisco/download.htm

    Larry Whiteside Jr.
    Sr. Security Engineer